[mythtv-users] hdhomerun lost stream from mythtv

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Apr 6 03:52:49 UTC 2008

Rick wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> How are you connecting your backend to the hdhomerun? It might be
>> beneficial to structure your network in such a way that there is little
>> between your HDHomeRun and your backend. For instance, I have those two
>> things on the same switch which then plugs into the main network switch.
>> I've also had it set up so the HDHomeRun plugs directly into a second
>> ethernet port on my backend to minimize network troubles between the two.

> Unfortunately, I can't make any network isolation changes at this point.
>    The HDHomerun is in the basement and the myth frontend/backend is
> next to the tv.  Also, there isn't room for additional cards in the
> backend.   I'll have to think about my options in that regard.
>
> Separate from any hardware changes, is there something I can tweak from
> myth or the linux kernel?  Are you saying that network issues *will*
> cause the problem I am seeing?

I'm saying I've never had that problem or heard of a problem where the
stream goes away so I'm guessing there is some network anomaly that is
causing it.

I have seen this behavior when my NFS mount decided to go away on me, so
it sounds reasonable that momentarily dropping network would cause your
symptoms as well.