[mythtv-users] New 0.21 server up, remote frontend built, not viewing programs, files look wrong

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 10:46:28 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>  > On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> Hi,
>  >
>  > There are two problems I'm currently dealing with:
>  >
>  > 1) I only seem to get audio/video for the low channels. The program
>  > guide shows all the expected channels and programs but I get nothing
>  > but snow when I tune in one of those channels in the Line TV section
>  > or try to record on them.
>
>  You're using the wrong frequncy table.

Thanks. The guys in the Gentoo forums correctly pointed out that I
needed to use the us-cable setting. Once I changed that it started
working fine.

>  >
>  > 2) The general display of text overlays on the screen is really bad
>  > unless I select progressive from the menu. Unfortunately this setting
>  > isn't sticking so I have to do this each time I start the frontend.
>  > Where is the permanent setting for this?
>  Can you describe "really bad" because if you choose Progressive, you'll
>  never get deinterlacing like you probably want. This is a work-around
>  for yor problem, not the fix.
>
>  -Brad

Sure. I run the frontend in a window and start it using mythfrontend
--geometry 800x600. When watching a recorded program the video is
fine. Same as it was using 0.20 and earlier. However anything that
puts text over the top is moving up and down by what appears to be a
single pixel scan line. The box painted in the background is blue in
the case of information ('i' key) or sort of clear in the case of the
menu. ('m' key) However the text in the box is wiggling around. It
appears to wiggle mostly vertically like it's painting on different
scan lines. If I call up the menu and switch to progressive scan then
the menu is beautiful. It doesn't jerk around at all. This never
happened with any previous version of Myth unless there was some
setting I made and have forgotten about.

I'm watching standard definition material recorded using the PVR-150.

Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks,
Mark