[mythtv-users] When will the Internal player catch up on ffplay

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sun Apr 6 12:20:51 UTC 2008

 > Make sure you disable Deinterlacing on the Internal player BEFORE you
 > compare to ffplay as I believe ffplay does not deinterlace by
default. > That's where large portion of your CPU usage can come from.
I have deinterlacing disabled for all resolutions, to be sure, and
doesn't make a difference. CPU load btw < 50% on each core

 > Many times when users compare mplayer and ffplay cpu usage to myth
they forget
 > that those 2 players have to be told explicitly to deinterlace
content > and most have deinterlacing enabled in myth.
 > But as the other poster said, feel free to put in a ticket with a
 > sample video that can be used for comparison.
It's a BBC HD trailer from Apple's website.
Where, how, wich ticket should I add my info to ?

Henk Schoneveld