[mythtv-users] New 0.21 server up, remote frontend built, not viewing programs, files look wrong

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 14:15:16 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/06/2008 06:46 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>  > Sure. I run the frontend in a window and start it using mythfrontend
>  > --geometry 800x600. When watching a recorded program the video is
>  > fine. Same as it was using 0.20 and earlier. However anything that
>  > puts text over the top is moving up and down by what appears to be a
>  > single pixel scan line. The box painted in the background is blue in
>  > the case of information ('i' key) or sort of clear in the case of the
>  > menu. ('m' key) However the text in the box is wiggling around. It
>  > appears to wiggle mostly vertically like it's painting on different
>  > scan lines. If I call up the menu and switch to progressive scan then
>  > the menu is beautiful. It doesn't jerk around at all. This never
>  > happened with any previous version of Myth unless there was some
>  > setting I made and have forgotten about.
>  >

>  Sounds like you're using the Bob deinterlacer (and you may have a
>  misconfiguration--I don't use Bob, but some have said it shouldn't
>  "bounce" like that).
>
>  Mike

Mike,
   Can you point me toward where I change this setting in 0.21? I've
been looking but I cannot find it. Since this is the Playack OSD
that's failing I've been looking there with no success. Under Playback
I am not finding BOB or anything like that. There are the playback
profiles which is currently set to CPU+.

   Note that if it matters my data files are basically raw,
non-transcoded so I'm using 2GB/hour.

Thanks in advance,
Mark