[mythtv-users] Unreasonably high CPU usage when playing HD content? Suggestions?

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Sun Apr 6 16:14:08 UTC 2008

> Also _ I am a bit c onfused by the below statement. I have been working
> under the assumption running mythtv under 64 bit linux would be SLOWER (due
> to increased memory IO overhead), not faster. I thought running 64 bit would
> only be beneficial if I had more that 3.5 GB of ram to use.

Is it true running 64 bit would be faster? Why? increased X video pipeline
sizes or something?

If re-installing in 64 bit will make a significant improvement I will do it.
The reason I am not running in 64 bit right now is I thought it would be
slower, and also I didn't want to have compatibility problems with other
software I might want to run later.