[mythtv-users] Adventures with another PVR (was Re: Static on some channels - PVR150 AND PVR500)

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 6 22:45:46 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 00:37:44 jedi wrote:
>     When I managed to kill my first dedicated frontend during an attempted
> hardware upgrade operation, we turned on the DirecTivo for awhile and tried
> to use it again and everyone found it lacking. There's a lot that sort of
> talk in Tivo groups. The remaining commercial PVRs seem to be rather
> horrible. From what I hear, the cable provider PVRs are supposed to be
> pretty gruesome but I don't have any direct experience myself.

Yah, i don't fancy the commercial PVR"s much either. I have a Topfield 6000,
its a buggy piece of s**t. The Beyond Whiz sounds pretty nice but I couldn't
do with out recording rules.

Thought you might have tried windows software - if you did, GBPVR
(http://www.gbpvr.com) is excellent, free but not open source. And the driver
support is much better of course.

Lindsay