[mythtv-users] lirc + amino remote = nothing?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:40:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Chris Hoover <tehsnarf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a "universal" remote that runs an IPTV Amino set top box, but
> I'm trying to get it working as though my mythbuntu box was the stb.
> I've played around with irrecord, did several google searches, but I'm
> not able to find out how or why this thing isn't working for me. Anyone
> have any links on how to set up a universal remote with lirc? Or, if
> there's a lirc conf file somewhere I'm overlooking?

Please do a better job explaining what you are trying to do.  i can't tell
if you are trying to have the computer control the Amino box, or you want
the universal remote control to control the computer.  What hardware are you
using on the computer to send/receive the IR commands?

Also where are you located?  There are not very many cable companies using
IPTV amino boxes.