[mythtv-users] hdhomerun lost stream from mythtv

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:10:38 UTC 2008

I don't know if this is related to what you are seeing.  For some
reason mythtv when mythtv tried to record some programs, the file
never gets written on disk, resulting in either a non existent file or
a zero length file.  However, myth thought it was happily recording
eventhough the file wasn't growing.  This only happened to a few
channels.  Originally, I thought it was heavy traffic from other
computers or something else with the network, but after directly
connecting the hdhomrun box to the NIC on the backend, the problem
still presisted.  I didn't know exactly what was going on, but I
remember when I activated quickscan in mythsetup and rescanned all the
channels, the problem magically went away.  I assumed that it had
something to do with locking onto a channel or something like that.

On an unrelated note, I also have sometimes seen the hdhomerun box
still streaming when the backend thought it was idle and done
recording.  I feel much better now that I isolated the hdhomerun box
from the rest of my LAN because of weirdness like that.