[mythtv-users] Embedded MythTV

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Apr 8 03:46:30 UTC 2008

Yan Seiner wrote:
> KH Chai wrote:
>
>> I saw this NXP810 platform - a high performance development for Set Top Box,
>> IPTV, and embedded media processing.  It has video decoders that support SD
>> and HD.  I might get an encoder for MPEG2 or MPEG4 through mini-PCI.  The
>> main board is supported by Linux Kernel 2.6.  I'm thinking of compressing
>> MythTV and try to cross-compile it to the platform.  It's going to be a lot
>> of work, but question is, would MythTV works this way?  Thanks.
>>

> Do you have any links to this platform?  I'd like to see it.   Google
> comes up with no references.
>
> And please don't top-post.

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.kanecomputing.co.uk/mds_mds810.htm

Sounds interesting.  I wonder how much for the devkit.

Then again, this sounds like a killer:

A NXP Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) must be executed
prior to delivery of software, design information and
datasheets for the pnx8950.

Plus you have to license the various libraries before they deliver the
codecs.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

--
  o__