[mythtv-users] MHEG issues (UK) - flickering, video resizing, mind the gaps!

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 05:19:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 12:14 PM, John Veness
<John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk> wrote:
>  Yes, I've seen these things too, although 0.21 was an improvement on
>  0.20.2. There are some rendering errors on the GameCentral letters page
>  too (page 809 on ITV1). To help the devs I'd like to be able to provide
>  screenshots - what's a good way to make a screenshot of an MHEG screen?

I would just take them in the normal way for whatever platform you're
on. I took a few from BBCi, Teletext on 4 and The Hits, and put them
online: http://picasaweb.google.com/fluffybunnypoos

For some reason the text doesn't look very good in the screenshots, it
looks better on-screen - smoothing appears to have been applied at
some level. Note that I modified MythFrontend to use
TiresiasScreenfont for rendering MHEG text (I also have the rest of
the interface using it, and it looks fantastic).

I want to take some more screenshots, specifically of Sky Text, NHS
Direct on Sky Text and NHS Direct on Teletext. I'm unable to take
screenshots of the radio channels because they're crashing the
frontend (as are off-air channels, which is *really* annoying). I have
a recording of the Eastenders Quiz, which I can take screenshots of
should anyone wish (but it does mean I'd have to sit through it about
twelve trillion times over because for some reason I have to leave
playback and re-enter after I've taken a screenshot otherwise I just
get the same image).

Sam