[mythtv-users] Black screen if preview has not yet played

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 8 14:58:40 UTC 2008

I have (really, the family noticed first) noticed an odd phenomenon when
playing recordings under 0.21.  It seems that if we are too fast
navigating and quickly select the show we wish to watch, it won't play:
it will sit at a black screen and eventually return us back to the
recordings page.  Now, if we wait for the little preview (we have
previews enabled) to start up (only takes a few additional seconds) on
the recordings page, we can play the recording with no problem.

Unfortunately, we're all a bit fast, so the black screen issue seems to
come up a lot...

Is this a potential config issue here?  Something that I might not have
set or something that needs to be set?

Thanks!
-Rich