[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR will not initially support Linux

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:28:42 UTC 2008

>  pirates.  The first thing my parents and in-laws did when I showed them the
>  mythbox I set up was ask "and it's legal?!" in a very incredulous manner.  I

And I find this incredibly bizarre.  I mean, sure, if you've never
seen a PVR before, I can see how one might be ignorant of the legality
of these things.  But PVRs are *everywhere* these days.  And Myth is
just another PVR.  As such, I strongly suspect the reaction of your
parents was atypical  (speaking for myself, I've never had anyone ask
me if my Myth system is legal).

Brett.