[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox Plugin

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:38:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:11 PM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've made a stab at getting a squeezecenter client working as a mythtv
>  plugin since this seems to be a common request.  This plugin is
>  largely based on the work of Richard Titmuss (and others) on
>  squeezeslave.  It works for me, but it is not pretty!!  There are a
>  number of issues outlined in the readme file.

That looks pretty cool!  But I didn't know about squeezeslave yet either.

It would be interesting if MythTV supported "widgets" or "portal"
screens that contain multiple plugins, wouldn't it?  (like weather,
music, RSS and upcoming recordings all on one screen, for example, or
even pop-up overlays on live TV)  This is a good example, because the
SqueezeBox display you are emulating doesn't take a lot of space, but
a myth plugin has to be full-screen, right?

What's the quickest way to compile new plugins like this on Gentoo
BTW?  I usually stick to ones that already have ebuilds, but I really
want to try your squeezecenter.