[mythtv-users] bad picture on lower channels

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 01:26:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> Bill Omer wrote:
>  > I have a strange problem.  For some reason on one of my two pvr tuners
>  > (a 150 and a 250), the picture is unwatchable when it's a recording on a
>  > lower numbered channel.  I'm using analog cable.  It seems like only
>  > channels that are lower than 10 are affected, and only on one tuner.
>  >
>  > The picture is distorted, kind of hard to explain what it looks like,
>  > but its unwatchable.  Has anyone seen this before?  I'm using svn as of
>  > about two weeks ago.
>  >
>  > I haven't had a lot of time to really trouble shoot this, so I apologize
>  > for the lack of details.  I'm wondering if this has been seen before,
>  > although I wasn't able to find anything in the archives using my search
>  > terms.
>  >

>  Check to make sure you're using the right frequency table on that card.

Well, the strange thing is the video source frequency table is the
same for both cards, but only one card is having this problem, and
only on low channels.  I changed it to us-cable-irc, but no change.
I dont understand why only one card is doing this that is.  It's the
PVR-150 thats having the problem, the 250 is fine.