Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Apr 9 04:03:03 UTC 2008

> From: Dan Ritter <dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu>
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:13:32 -0400
>
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 07:02:55PM -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> > I've recently purchased an HDHomeRun but I haven't yet been able to get
> > any video off the device.
>
> Have you upgraded to the latest firmware?

I upgraded to the 20080305 firmware, which at least at the time I did the
upgrade was the latest.  I'm running with Myth .21 on Debian unstable.

> Will it capture to a
> file for you with hdhomerun_config save?

Ok, I just tried that.  Yes, I can get video with hdhomerun_config.  It took
a few tries to figure out how to set the channel, but once I picked one
I was able to get something that mplayer could play.

So something must be wrong with my Mythtv configuration.  I think it must
be something about the way the channels are mapped.

Thanks,

Eric