[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox Plugin

Dan Gravell dan.gravell at talk21.com
Wed Apr 9 08:13:14 UTC 2008

Nice work, something I wanted to look at myself. I was
waiting for SC7 and the SqueezeOs/Play stuff to all be
released, and is now. Do you have plans to support
that? It should be a ready made UI and suitable for TV
display. I've compiled a pre-release version on Linux
and it works nicely, I'm sure that would be a better
fit for incorporation into the Myth UI.

I think the argument for this type of UI is
compelling; the softsqueeze UI is only a marketing
tool for SlimDevices imo (which I don't begrudge them,
they've done a lot of great work). However it is not
suited when richer modes of interaction such as a
large colour screen and programmable/heterogeneous
controllers are available.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SqueezePlay