[mythtv-users] LCD HDTV recommendations (that are Myth friendly)...

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Apr 9 14:47:24 UTC 2008

David Fishburn wrote:
> Every Sharp I have seen scales SD horribly.
> My buddy just got one < 1 year old and it looks like crap.

Interesting.  I have an older 37" Aquos (720p) and it does really well
with digital SD.  Analog isn't so hot.

I did have to have a firmware upgrade on the TV by one of the techs; he
came to my house under warranty and fiddled with things for a couple of
hours to make things work.

Perhaps a call to the Sharp warranty service line is in order.  Be
prepared to bitch like crazy though - and don't tell them you're using a
computer as a source.  They 'don't support that'.  Their primary
diagnosis is "That's normal", followed by "It must be your source" and
then "we don't support that".

--
  o__

Help out my kids' school: http://www.seiner.com/blog/Travels/