[mythtv-users] LCD HDTV recommendations (that are Myth friendly)...

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:10:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

>  Interesting.  I have an older 37" Aquos (720p) and it does really well
>  with digital SD.  Analog isn't so hot.

I think this is a key point of distinction.  SD in Digital Standard
Definition on just about any TV I've tested on (which is probably
somewhere in the 30-35 in number for  HDTV variants and Projectors)
looks decent enough.  If the OP is talking about **analog** SD, it's
an entirely different story.  In that case, I've only seen a handful
of HDTV's that can compensate for the problems presented to them from
an analog source.  Probably the best of both worlds in my experience
have been the Samsung DLPs.  It doesn't look like you are so
interested in the flat panel world, but if you were I haven't really
seen a flat panel LCD that could hold a candle to the Samsung DLPs,
but I have seen some Plasma's that come very close, such as the
Panasonic TH-42PZ700U.  However I think that by and far you will begin
taking steps towards eliminating analog sources and as much as
possible even SD sources once you get your 61" DLP setup and working
and you have a month or 2 of intermittent HD content; it seems to be
the general trend most people follow.

Good luck!

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable PVR systems powered by MythTV available at:
http://www.pauselivetv.com