[mythtv-users] firewire/comcast/motorolla DHC3200

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 15:28:00 UTC 2008

Hi Harry,

> Hey, I hope you don't mind my jumping in here, but I have a DCT-3412 with
> Comcast in Southern NJ (near Atlantic City).  I have 2 Firewire ports on
> it, and when I had 0.20.2 running (I've since upgraded to 0.21 and haven't
> put the Firewire back into the mix yet), but I've noticed that whatever
> tuner you're on on the STB gets put out to BOTH firewire outputs.  I could
> get the channel changer to work fine (the 6200ch) but it seemed pointless
> to have to watch whatever was recorded.  I feel I'm recording it for a
> reason, ya know?
>
> Does your STB have this limitation?  How did you get around it if so?

I'm not sure if I have that limitation.  I have it setup next to the server,
so I don't watch what's on it directly very often.  When I do turn on that
TV, it does seem to only spit out via FireWire whatever it is playing at the
time, though.  So, if I turn on the TV while it's recording, it'll show me
what's being recorded.  I'd imagine that there's only a single tuner in the
thing and it just spits out whatever is tuned via all the outputs.  Does the
3412 have more than one tuner?

I only have one FW cable connected, so I don't know what's coming out the
other one on the unit.  I had assume that was for chaining multiple devices
together rather than getting a different channel output.

Jason