[mythtv-users] MythArchive fails to connect to DB (mythburn.py, Access denied)

Matt Garretson m+mythtv at mattyo.net
Wed Apr 9 16:22:21 UTC 2008

I wrote:
> mythburn.py (0.1.20080325-1-fixes) starting up...
> Failed to run mytharchivehelper to get mysql database parameters! Exit code: 127
> [...snip...]
>     super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
> _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'user_myth'@'localhost' (using password: NO)")

More info on this... I did the following as the unix user (user_myth)
who runs mythfrontend, etc:

[user_myth ~]$ mytharchivehelper -p out
[user_myth ~]$ cat out
localhost
mythtv
mythtv
mythconverg
myhostname.net
/usr/local

That looks fine.  But it seems that despite this, mythburn.py is not
using the correct mysql userid/password to connect to mythconverg.
Instead, it appears to be trying to use the unix id with no password.
Any tips on how I can change this?

Thanks in advance,
-Matt