[mythtv-users] unlikely idea (QAM output)

Preston Crow pc-mythtv07a at crowcastle.net
Wed Apr 9 17:36:11 UTC 2008

The problem of generating QAM output is two-fold:

*) Generating the output as a MPEG-2 stream, regardless of input format,
with some usable menus, OSD, etc.

*) Modulating the MPEG-2 for QAM output.

The first step would be to support TVs with Firewire input.  Then you
only have to tackle the first of the two problems.  Of course, I don't
know how common Firewire input is on TVs, and most of the developers
seem to be content with traditional DVI/HDMI and similar solutions, so
this isn't likely to happen.

Anyway, my HDTV doesn't have a digital tuner (it's old), so I just want
a water buffalo.