[mythtv-users] MCE Blasting

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:25:52 UTC 2008

I have 3 MCE remotes with the irblaster bean bag thing, and use a Bell
ExpressVU receiver.

> I posted complete instructions on how I got everything working in the
> mythbuntu forums.
>
> Try this link:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4527005#post4527005
>
> It has all the config file, change channel script, and other links.

This command seems to take:

irsend SEND_ONCE att enter

but I am not at the box to test right now.

Some questions this does raise are:

1.  How do I select which blaster to use?  Does it send the same code to
both blasters?

2.  How do i know Lirc is sending this to the dongle?  When the mceusb2
module loads does it automatically send the dongle as the default?

Thanks,
Mitchell