[mythtv-users] A/V Receivers & MythTv

Robert Rozman robert.rozman at comutel.si
Wed Apr 9 20:45:20 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Frazier" <ron at ronfrazier.net>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] A/V Receivers & MythTv

>  The hard part is actually getting the manufacturers to part with their
>  command set.  Getting linux to talk RS-232 is actually the really easy
>  part.

That was one of the things that pleasantly surprised me about my Aquos
TV. The entire command protocol for the RS-232 port was documented in
the back of the user manual.

****
Hi, I also have Marantz receiver  and it works superb with rs232
bidirectionally. Protocol was also not hard to find...

Also LG for TVs  has rs232 protocol (where supported) as appendix to user
manual...

Regards,

Rob.