[mythtv-users] missing channel's

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Apr 9 22:07:42 UTC 2008

wayne roberts wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> John Veness wrote:

>>> I would test the card as detailed on
>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Testing_your_DVB_device . In fact,
>>> the rest of that site is worth a read, and it might be a good idea to
>>> download and install the latest dvb-v4l stuff from there rather than
>>> rely on whatever is in your distro.
>>>
>> Maybe you need this table:
>> http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/tuning/
>> and this table:
>> http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/dtt_channels.html
>> and this table:
>> http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_n.html
>>
>> Individual channels occasionally move between muxes. Have fun!
>>
> have fun, i am almost bald!!!!!, i just seem to be missing the frequency for
> the itv mux

If you look at:
http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/dtt_channels.html
you will see that most ITV channels fall into MUX2. Then you use:
http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_n.html
(first line of second table) to see that MUX2 = channel 66. Then you use:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/tuning/
to determine your frequency (ch 66) is (last column for digital channels) is 834
MHz. Go to your Transport Editor within the channel editor (in mythtv-setup) to
see if you are picking up a transport at that frequency.

 From tx_n.html it would appear that all the channels for you are bunched up at
the high end of the table, and you may get a bit of spill from one channel to an
adjacent one. If so, someone else may be able to tell you how to tweak your
reception parameters to reduce crosstalk. I'm lucky (Hannington) that I don't
(in the main) get such problems.

Mike Perkins