[mythtv-users] bad picture on lower channels

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 22:35:41 UTC 2008

Bill Omer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>> Bill Omer wrote:
>>  > I have a strange problem.  For some reason on one of my two pvr tuners
>>  > (a 150 and a 250), the picture is unwatchable when it's a recording on a
>>  > lower numbered channel.  I'm using analog cable.  It seems like only
>>  > channels that are lower than 10 are affected, and only on one tuner.
>>  >
>>  > The picture is distorted, kind of hard to explain what it looks like,
>>  > but its unwatchable.  Has anyone seen this before?  I'm using svn as of
>>  > about two weeks ago.
>>  >
>>  > I haven't had a lot of time to really trouble shoot this, so I apologize
>>  > for the lack of details.  I'm wondering if this has been seen before,
>>  > although I wasn't able to find anything in the archives using my search
>>  > terms.
>>  >

Bill,

Only because you've said it's hard to explain what the symptom looks
like (poor analog reception is, in my experience, pretty easy to
identify...although I don't know how the Hauppauge hardware-encoder
cards might change that) I wonder if you would be able to provide us
with a link to a short clip of one of the bad recordings (just a few
seconds), or even a screenshot if you can.

Cheers,
Jesse Burt