[mythtv-users] Two antennas again (semi-OT)

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Apr 9 23:48:27 UTC 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 4:18 PM, backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org wrote:
> My question is this:  These two logical spots on the roof are about 28
> feet apart.  Is this far enough apart such that they will not interfer
> with each other?  Does the fact that they are not merged make
> interference less of an issue?  I am looking at channels ranging
> from 14
> to 43.

If you aren't combining the signals from the two antennas then your
interference concerns will be minimal.  If you mounted them very close
together they might distort each others' patterns, but that's about
all I can think of.  In RF terms "close" would be a few wavelengths at
the frequency of interest.  28 feet is quite a large distance at UHF
TV frequencies (about 14 wavelengths) so it should be just fine.