[mythtv-users] going on vacation, how can I deactivate most recordings with an sql command?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 00:19:36 UTC 2008

On 10/04/2008, Chris Isip <cmisipster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking of deactivating all recordings and then reactivating just a
> few so I dont run out of disk space.
>
> There seems to be a inactive column in the record table and all of the
> schedules have this set to 0 (hence, active I suppose).  I am thinking of
> setting all to a value of 1 with:
>
> update record set inactive=1;
>
> Then set inactive=0 for a few select program schedules.  Then when I return
> from my vacation, I can:
>
> update record set inactive=0;
>
> Is this the way to do this?

Probably the quickest way if you have lots of rules (if you only have
a couple you can deactivate them directly in mythfrontend.

It's always a good idea to take a backup of the DB before running
queries directly. You can also run 'mythbackend --resched' once you
have deactivated the rules to see how your Upcoming Recordings list is
affected.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: