[mythtv-users] Lost channels after dvb-t transport scan (UK)

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 10:59:44 UTC 2008

On 10/04/2008, Roy Lofthouse <lofty69 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just done a re-scan of my channels but now I am missing channels on a
> couple of transports.
>
> I have two dvb-t cards and they have both been working fine up until
> now (I've not done a scan for as long as I can remember before this).
>
> One of the cards has picked up all the channels (Avermedia) but the
> other (Hauppauge) has lost at least 4/5 channels
>
> Done a search on gossamer but can't seem to find anything relevant.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

It's probably worth finding out which channels are missing and having
a look here

http://www.ukfree.tv/txlist.php

to see if it's a particular multiplex that you've lost.  Sometimes you
can force the scan to find a particular multiplex my entering the
frequency and mode paramaters manually.

Are both your cards configured to use the same source?  I'd have
thought that they should be, unless you have decryption on one of them
giving you more channels.

If they are both using the same source then presumably it's a signal
quality issue and one card is working better than the other.  Have you
tried swapping your input cables over?

I'm not sure why a signal quality issue would suddenly bite you but
maybe some channels have moved around and there's now some
interference on channels you'd like to watch.