[mythtv-users] Motorola DCH-3200 and Ubuntu

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Thu Apr 10 11:42:33 UTC 2008

Someone recently posted something about having a
Motorola DCH-3200 and being able to get it to work with
Ubuntu 8.04.  I tried it with Ubuntu 7, and could not get
it to work.  Could you post step-by-step instructions,
including the modified prime-firewire script that I think
you mentioned was needed?

I am not a linux or mythtv newbie, but I am a firewire
newbie, and am getting a bit frustrated.  I am beginning
to think that maybe the FW ports on this 3200 box are
just turned off, contrary to what the FCC says.  I even
tried Windows, with the stb_firewire_drivers_2007-12-17
package, and nothing works.  The drivers install fine,
but any application I try can't find anything connected.