[mythtv-users] Mythweather Problem

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:55:19 UTC 2008

There are a couple different problems mentioned in that thread. The
first one deals with a broken database table. I have not encountered
that.

If you are having the problem indicated in this screenshot --
http://www.goodeid.com/mythweather.png , then my package _should_ fix
it. The cause of that problem is the scripts not being able to run. If
you run mythtv with the super user bit set, then perl goes into taint
mode. I added a workaround to this in my PKGBUILD by adding `-I./` to
the perl execution line in all of the scripts. It at least allows me,
in the United States, to add screens.

Monitor mythfrontend's log (`mythtv -l mythfrontend.log`) for errors
when you enter the mythweather screen setup. If you are getting
errors, post them here. I might be able to make sense of them.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59