[mythtv-users] Motorola DCH-3200 and Ubuntu

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:24:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Marc Barrett <mnealbarrett at cox.net> wrote:
> Someone recently posted something about having a
>  Motorola DCH-3200 and being able to get it to work with
>  Ubuntu 8.04.  I tried it with Ubuntu 7, and could not get
>  it to work.  Could you post step-by-step instructions,
>  including the modified prime-firewire script that I think
>  you mentioned was needed?
>
>  I am not a linux or mythtv newbie, but I am a firewire
>  newbie, and am getting a bit frustrated.  I am beginning
>  to think that maybe the FW ports on this 3200 box are
>  just turned off, contrary to what the FCC says.  I even
>  tried Windows, with the stb_firewire_drivers_2007-12-17
>  package, and nothing works.  The drivers install fine,
>  but any application I try can't find anything connected.

in general, the distribution won't change whether the firewire works
or not, the kernel build will. (except in the FC world, but I refuse
to believe FC exists...). That said, if it also doesn't work in
Windows then I'm going to go with the "Your firewire ports are
disabled" answer.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!