[mythtv-users] 0.21 - delete recording menu is black/transparent

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 18:56:23 UTC 2008

Hi Brad,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

>  On Apr 10, 2008, at 10:21 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>  > Hi
>  >   This is not a big deal and I am mostly wondering if it's a
>  > configuration or packaging issue on Gentoo. We use the Titivillus
>  > theme. With 0.20 if I was watching a program and hit the D key to
>  > delete it I got a menu that was themed in blue asking me if I wanted
>  > to deleted, delete and allow rerecord or had changed my mind. The
>  > point is the menu was themed in 0.20.
>  >
>  >   In 0.21 I get this menu if I hit D in the list of recorded programs
>  > but if I hit D while the program is playing I get a
>  > blackish/transparent menu asking the same questions. Is this change
>  > intentional? Is there some setting the effects this sort of thing?
>  >
>  >   I tried another theme and get the same sort of results.
>
>  No idea on this, but...

So are you seeing the same thing? I am guessing you aren't?

>  >   Other status  - My AMD64 frontend still stutters. Other frontends
>  > around the house do not seem to stutter. The AMD64 machine, when
>  > booted into Windows, streams NetFlix all day long without stuttering.
>
>  Sounds like you compiled (or the version you're using was compiled by
>  someone else) with the wrong processor options.

Yeah, I'm searching around for info those sorts of things. I'm on
Gentoo so maybe the use flags aren't set up very well yet. I made no
changes from the 0.20 flags. Maybe it's a package issue on 64-bit. Not
sure yet.

I will say that while the NetFlix streamer (under Win XP) runs all day
with no glitches they do significant buffering since they are
streaming over my cable connection. I've also seen that different
media use significantly different amounts of CPU. Sometimes it's 25%,
as in the Office episode I'm watching right now. Yesterday for a
couple of movies I watched it was 100%. I've not seen Myth vary like
that as of yet.

Cheers,
Mark