[mythtv-users] XvMC, i915, latest intel drivers

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 21:52:11 UTC 2008

On 10/04/2008, Billy Macdonald <billymacdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     It looks to me like the myth code is deciding to use a textured
>  surface and not the overlay surface.  Is this how it should work?  Any
>  ideas on where I should troubleshoot?  I spent last night trying to
>  dig through the code to understand how it all works, but I really
>  don't understand the XvMC stuff very well.

I thought this issue was fixed in 0.21 with the merging of the
mythtv-vid branch - my test box using an Intel 945 now uses the
correct adapter for Xv playback, when previously it would default to
the textured video adapter, I haven't gotten around to configuring
XvMC yet (no reason with a C2D and only SD material) but will try to
test it out and post my findings in the near future.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/