[mythtv-users] 9th Tee HD Homerun

William Munson william_munson at comcast.net
Thu Apr 10 22:07:59 UTC 2008

Suresh Randawa wrote:
> jedi wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 02:44:01PM -0400, Chris Clarke wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>     Just wondering if anyone has ordered directly from 9th Tee.  I
>>> ordered back on March 13th and I haven't recieved anything and can't
>>> seem to get a response to my emails...  Anyone have a contact number
>>> for them, I looked on their website and they don't seem to have one
>>> listed.
>>>
>>       ...on a related note: MicroCenter has started selling the HDHomeRun
>> in their Brick+Mortar stores.
>>

> Yes, I noticed that a few months ago. Bought one. It was broken right
> out of the box. Took it back the same day on the advice of Silicondust's
> support, have not had any issues with the 2nd one. It's the same price
> as everywhere else $169. Sales tax kinda balances out the shipping cost.

Its been price reduced to $149 now that the hd-pvr is about to hit the
market. On the 9th tee bit, they have been taking a long time to respond
to emails related to trying to return one for service and at this point
I would hesitate to recommend them over the other sites selling the
hdhr. Their idea of service is to have me buy another at FULL PRICE and
then wait for a refund from them to reduce the price to $50. Not my idea
of good service and I do not think they would ever send a refund. Just
for the record, I did not buy another. I will wait for the hd-pvr
support to firm up and then will buy one or two of them and rent an
extra hd cable box. More channels not to mention I will be able to
record my premium channels now.

Bill