[mythtv-users] ivtv in new fedora8 kernel causing problems?

Kevin Plew kevin at plewnet.com
Fri Apr 11 14:09:20 UTC 2008

I am still having issues with a PVR-500 as well. Running the latest kernel
and ivtv. Any help would be appreciated.

[root at kojiki ~]# rpm -qa | egrep "mythtv|ivtv" | sort
ivtv-1.0.3-136.fc8
ivtv-firmware-20070217-17
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.24.3-50.fc8-1.0.3-136.fc8
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.24.4-64.fc8-1.0.3-136.fc8
libmythtv-0.20.2_0-0.20.2-175.fc8
libmythtv-0.21_0-0.21-185.fc8
mythtv-0.21-185.fc8
mythtv-backend-0.21-185.fc8
mythtv-docs-0.21-185.fc8
mythtv-frontend-0.21-185.fc8
mythtv-setup-0.21-185.fc8
mythtv-themes-0.21-185.fc8
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-8.fc8
On Thu, April 10, 2008 20:31, Rich West wrote:
> Greg Lake wrote:

>>> I upgraded late yesterday and preliminary results are good.  I've
>>> only spent about 10 minutes testing on backend and frontend and don't
>>> have the problem.  I upgraded to kernel 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 #1 SMP and am
>>> running these versions:
>>>

>> When iup graded my sound problem went away also...
>>

> I know this thread is a few days old, but I wanted to mention that the
> scratchy/tinny audio problem still exists in the 2.6.24.4 fedora kernel.
> I've got three PVR 150's, and the problem does not happen all
> of the time, but frequent enough to be a pain (about 1/4 of the recordings
> have this problem).
>

> -Rich

Kevin Plew
Dad & Webmaster