[mythtv-users] Using TV Out on graphics card vs. Hauppauge PVR-350

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 17:15:49 UTC 2008

>  my PVR-350? Advantages/disadvantages? My inclination is "If it ain't
>  broke don't fix it" because my current MythTV system works fine with

I completely agree, and I think that's the right approach for now.

>  the PVR-350. With all the mentions of "decreasing support" for PVR-350
>  TV Out, is the display card a better option?

Well, if/when 350 support breaks, you can switch to using your video
card.  Meanwhile, why disrupt a perfectly working system?

Besides, everything I've heard says that the 350's output is superior
to most video cards, so until it really does stop working with Myth, I
can't think of any reason why you'd want to change your system.

Brett.