[mythtv-users] Bay Area NBC Comcast Encrypted?

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 17:58:54 UTC 2008

> I've been getting 0 byte recordings on some NBC shows that I'm
> recording via QAM from Comcast.
> In the logs I see:
> PID 0x7c2 status: Encrypted
> PID 0x7c0 status: Encrypted
>
> does this mean that comcast is encrypting NBC?

Comcast moved the NBC QAM channel assignments a couple weeks back.  In my
area (94403), they were 116.1 and 116.3, but are now on channel 120 with
KBCW.  (Sorry, I don't know the precise new subchannel IDs.)

You might re-check things to make sure they didn't move your cheese, too.
I had problems after the move initially, but since I updated the channel
info, I'm able to record again.  I got Earl and the Office last night
without problem.

Jason