[mythtv-users] All encoder MPG stream buffers are full. Dropping data.

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Fri Apr 11 18:16:55 UTC 2008

Kelly Shutt wrote:
> BUMP... noone has any ideas on this one?

I had those problems for a long time as well...thought maybe it was putting the
recordings on ReiserFS, but I changed to XFS sometime in early February and
kept getting those messages for about another month (though recordings were
less glitchy than they had been).  The last error was from 9 March; I think
that's when I upgraded to MythTV 0.21 from a pre-0.21 Subversion build.  Since
then, the only message from ivtv was from a reboot at the beginning of the
month (heard a squealing noise one day when I came home from work that I
thought was the backend, but it turned out to be a UPS).

If your MythTV box uses ReiserFS for anything (but especially for recordings),
you might want to migrate the appropriate filesystems to something different.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter