[mythtv-users] Using TV Out on graphics card vs. Hauppauge PVR-350

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Fri Apr 11 22:22:26 UTC 2008

Fred Firestine wrote:
> I recently purchased the following as part of my build for a new
> MythTV system:
>
> MSI NX7300LE-TD128EH GeForce 7300LE 128MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
> Video Card
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127273

I have that exact video card running on my fairly new (less than two months
old) mythTV box.  It works fairly well, though I haven't been able to get
XvMC to really work with it.  It's on my to-do list to find out why not.
(XvMC runs at the same CPU load as plain old Xv, and completely fails under
mplayer.)

FWIW, OpenGL on that card is slower than molasses at the north pole.
Completely unwatchable using the OpenGL painter; sticking with qt for now.
(also on my list of things to do.)

Before anyone asks, yes I'm using the nvidia drivers, not nv.  Running under
ubuntu hardy beta, fully patched/updated as of a few days ago.

(All content is varying levels of HD ATSC OTA.)