[mythtv-users] Audio Problems

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 10:07:31 UTC 2008

On 4/11/08, Ron Garrison <ron.garrison at gmail.com> wrote:

> So now - what are my options?
>
> New Motherboard? - not cheap as it means a new processor,  RAM, and video
> card - and maybe more as well.
>
> New audio card - might do the trick if that's where the problem really is.
>
> Now it turns out that I have a Xitel Hifi-link USB audio interface sitting
> around and it appears that there is linux support for it.  Does anyone have
> any experience with this and MythTV?
>
> Am I on the right track or should I be looking elsewhere?  Any thoughts
> would be appretiated.
>
> Ron

Well I plugged in the Xitel Hi-fi Link pro and linux recognized it
immediately.  I updated my .asoundrc and pointed to the new device in setup
and it works perfectly.

I guess that is another indication that my onboard sound card is on the
fritz.  My bigger concern is why.  I guess I had better check for heat
issues.

Ron