[mythtv-users] segmentation fault in 21-fixes, libqt-mt.so.3

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 12 20:21:48 UTC 2008

On 04/12/2008 04:06 PM, ikke wrote:
> If I don't
> compile along any plugins, it works fine. Right after doing make
> install for plugins, it starts segfaulting.

Sounds like one or more of the plugin shared objects is incompatible
(i.e. garbage left from a previous install or you've checked out
differing versions of SVN because you didn't follow the instructions in
the HOWTO:  http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.4 ).

> Would I dare to make ticket about this? I guess it won't help if
> no-one else is experiencing this.

Tickets are for bugs, not help requests.  :)  In other words, until you
find a bug (i.e. you've proven Myth's code is wrong) as opposed to a
/symptom/ of what could be a bug or a configuration issue or ..., a
ticket won't help.