[mythtv-users] segmentation fault in 21-fixes, libqt-mt.so.3

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Sat Apr 12 21:05:13 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/12/2008 04:06 PM, ikke wrote:
>  > If I don't
>  > compile along any plugins, it works fine. Right after doing make
>  > install for plugins, it starts segfaulting.
>
>  Sounds like one or more of the plugin shared objects is incompatible
>  (i.e. garbage left from a previous install or you've checked out
>  differing versions of SVN because you didn't follow the instructions in
>  the HOWTO:  http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.4 ).

I don't know what I would be doing wrong. I'm not all new to svn, I've
used it for years. Same goes for mythtv, I've used trunk for years.
All directories (mythplugins, myththemes,  mythtv, themes) are at the
same level (currently 17023). Svn status shows there is no garbage. So
does find . -name '*.o' -o -name '*.so*'. I have disabled ccache with
compile option, and even deleted the directory .ccache. I don't know
what else garbage could it keep.

I do sudo make uninstall for all directories and make distclean and
make clean between the different tries. I've checked there is no crap
under /usr/local.

I tried briefly starting mythtvfrontend <plugin name> to test only
plugins, they also fail. Others immediately, other only after entering
some menu. And still, if plugins are not installed, it works.

Still with plugins installed and pressing LiveTV I keep ending up to :

#0  0x00002aeaf5a20b22 in QGArray::QGArray () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00002aeaf5a20b22 in QGArray::QGArray () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#1  0x00002aeaf133950f in QMemArray (this=0x7fffb9e63430, a=@0x0)
    at /usr/include/qt3/qmemarray.h:60
#2  0x00002aeaf5733018 in QTranslator::findMessage ()
   from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#3  0x00002aeaf56e39fd in QApplication::translate ()
   from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#4  0x00002aeaf5ab3f22 in QObject::tr () from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#5  0x00002aeaf11b4daa in ProgramInfo::ToMap (this=0xa1fd90,
    progMap=@0x2aaab81ec668, showrerecord=false) at programinfo.cpp:554
#6  0x00002aeaf143305e in TV::UpdateOSDSignal (this=0x2aaab81ec290,
    strlist=@0x7fffb9e64e00) at tv_play.cpp:5330

Now the theme is default, and OSD theme is default (I assume it if any
should work).

>  Tickets are for bugs, not help requests.  :)

That's how I've understood it too, so keeping it on the mailing lists...
Thanks Michael for answering!