[mythtv-users] segmentation fault in 21-fixes, libqt-mt.so.3

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Sun Apr 13 13:18:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>  Looks like it could be a bad translation file.
>
>  What language are you using ?
>
>  Does using English work OK?

Thanks, that did it! Dumb me, I though of that also while seeing the
translating word in backtrace, but I forgot to try that. I only
reverted the SVN to some point back, but not enough to get to time
before the recent Finnish updates. That was actually the biggest
reason I even upgraded.

Starting it with mythfrontend -O Language=EN did the trick. Then I
could enter the setup menu without segfault and change the language to
english via GUI also.

So there is a problem with the Finnish translations. How to find the root cause?

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5055 -the latest update.

I see the files are in some weird binary format in .qm files. And lots
of (utf8 ?) strings in .ts files. Any validator checker available for
those?

Thanks Paul and Michael, need to go watch some tv now :)