[mythtv-users] Tuner confusion in slave backend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 14 11:39:35 UTC 2008

On 04/13/2008 03:49 PM, Andrew Roazen wrote:
> Both the master backend and the slave backend have Hauppauge PVR-150s in
> them.
>
> The MBE is in the living room. The SBE is in the bedroom. The intention
> was to create a system where the SBE's tuner could either be used to
> watch live TV in the bedroom, or have it make possible watching live TV
> in the living room while recording another program.
>
> The problem is that the MBE doesn't properly distinguish the cards. If I
> tune live TV on the SBE, it actually uses the MBE's card. I can't help
> notice that every tutorial for setting up an SBE has a completely
> different type of card in the SBE, as if Myth isn't capable of telling
> identical cards in separate machines.
>
> Is there something I'm missing to get both the MBE/SBE to manage this?
> I've deleted both cards and reinstalled them and nothing seems to work.

Myth prefers the local capture card /unless/ you tell it otherwise.
I.e. if you enable:

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

you've told it otherwise.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/148044#148044 for
details.

Mike