[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Wes Hardaker wjhns176 at hardakers.net
Mon Apr 14 13:13:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:30:12 -0400, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> said:

>> Not sure what that's about, since it did quote the right person with the
>> right initials.

MTD> It's the ">>>>>" that's wrong.

Ahh...

In the 15 years of using an attribution line like that, you're the first
to complain.  Makes sense though (and in fact, my own reader colors it
oddly too but I guess I just didn't care about the color difference).

MTD> Yeah.  Most assume that PHP does the right thing, but--depending on
MTD> system configuration--it often doesn't.  I'd bet if you add the
MTD> appropriate line to /etc/php.ini, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Well, the hard thing is that:

1) Everything worked in .20 and never had problems.
2) Because it's still a "maybe fix" I have to say that I'm hesitant
   since really bad things happen when it fails (and I'm not even
   confident I can reproduce it; I only have strong suspicions).