[mythtv-users] Getting creamed by lirc

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Apr 14 20:26:44 UTC 2008

>Hello, I have a mceusb2 remote and dual blaster that has been working just
nicely (except for one of the blaster ports), >and so i recently got a
serial blaster (to control my second cable box) for my ubuntu feisty setup.
After following the >ubuntu instructions page located here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallLirc/Feisty, i now am unable to use
my >
>remote at all. How great! The serial blaster works great though.
>
>Furthermore, I can't change channels using the serial blaster in myth. When
the mceusb2 blaster worked, my channel >
>change script worked great. I am able to change channels by the command
line, but my myth script doesn't work. So
>basically, i can't use either of my cable boxes now. Also, we basically
can't use the mythbox since the remote doesn't
>work.

>Attached are the following:
>1. channel change script
>2. /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file
>3. /etc/init.d/lirc file
>
>Please let me know what i'm doing wrong. I have been searching and
searching and trying all sorts of stuff. Nothing
>seems to work. Why is lirc so difficult to get going?
>
>Thanks so much for any help

Anybody? Is there no easy way to just uninstall lirc so that I can start all
over again from the beginning?

If not, I don't know what else to do short of a full reinstall of the OS and
everything, which I really don't want to do.

-Thanks