[mythtv-users] Power Saving Frontend Ideas

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:44:00 UTC 2008

Patrick Davila wrote:
> "On the MVP I have scripts to transcode the HD stuff down to the 720x480
> that the MVP can handle, and this is good enough for the most part for
> me."
> Please share

I have posted the script on the mvpmc list several times, is there enough
interest to post it here?    The script is setup as a user job and takes care of
  converting it to a proper format and bitrate for the mvpmc or just converting
the AC3 audio to mp3 audio on the stuff that is already SD, on the ac3 -> mp3
conversion there appears to be some issue that results in seeking issues on the
resulting file.    The script is using mencoder to do the conversions as that is
the tool I am the most familiar with, and it replaces the mythtv mpeg2 file with
the new file, so there may be some issue playing it on a myth frontend and I may
not be doing all of the proper steps to properly do this (until recently I did
not know about the seek tables).

> "The MVP software is being ported to a still low power but higher capability
> device that will do high def, but the new device is a bit more expensive."
> Is this a successor to the MVP or a completely different product? Which
> product?

Completely different.   I see someones else post takes care of covering this nicely.