[mythtv-users] Need XvMC instalation instructions

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 15 09:59:31 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 16:55:48 allene222 wrote:
> I am using Mythbuntu but cannot find instructions for getting XvMC working.
> I have a new nVidea 6200.  Nothing about XvMC in the Mythbuntu 7.10
> Installation Manual.

Things you need to do:

1. Get your NVIDIA drivers installed. I recommend envy, it makes it easy to
switch driver versions - the older cards work better with the 96.x drivers,
the newer with the 169.x drivers

sudo apt-get install envy
sudo envy -t
 - Follow the prompts

2. You should have :  /usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

3. Create/edit /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
3.1 insert "/usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1"

4. Restart X.

5.  run "xdpyinfo |grep -i xvideo", the following should be listed:
    XVideo
    XVideo-MotionCompensation

if they're not you have issues best taken to the list :)

6. Choose a Myth playback profile that uses XvMC - I actually setup a test one
with just one entry.

7. Start mythfrontend from the command line and play a video, if all goes well
then there should be no XvMC errors on the console.

--
Lindsay