[mythtv-users] Need XvMC instalation instructions
lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 15 09:59:31 UTC 2008
On Tuesday 15 April 2008 16:55:48 allene222 wrote:
> I am using Mythbuntu but cannot find instructions for getting XvMC working.
> I have a new nVidea 6200. Nothing about XvMC in the Mythbuntu 7.10
> Installation Manual.
Things you need to do:
1. Get your NVIDIA drivers installed. I recommend envy, it makes it easy to
switch driver versions - the older cards work better with the 96.x drivers,
the newer with the 169.x drivers
sudo apt-get install envy
sudo envy -t
- Follow the prompts
2. You should have : /usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
3. Create/edit /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
3.1 insert "/usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1"
4. Restart X.
5. run "xdpyinfo |grep -i xvideo", the following should be listed:
if they're not you have issues best taken to the list :)
6. Choose a Myth playback profile that uses XvMC - I actually setup a test one
with just one entry.
7. Start mythfrontend from the command line and play a video, if all goes well
then there should be no XvMC errors on the console.
More information about the mythtv-users