[mythtv-users] Need XvMC instalation instructions

William Munson william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 10:04:34 UTC 2008

allene222 wrote:
> I am using Mythbuntu but cannot find instructions for getting XvMC working.
> I have a new nVidea 6200.  Nothing about XvMC in the Mythbuntu 7.10
> Installation Manual.
>
> The pause screen is blue and I take it that means no XvMC.  My CPU usage is
> right at 100% so I need to get some of the decoding load off the CPU.
>
> Can someone point me to some instructions???  I have spent the last hour and
> a half looking...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Allen

The easiest way to install it is with a program called Envy. That will
install the binaries. Then you will need to modifiy /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
and change the line to

libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

to enable XvMC support in mythtv. Dont forget to change xorg.conf driver
line from "nv" to "nvidia".

Good luck!
Bill