[mythtv-users] Need XvMC instalation instructions

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Apr 15 15:45:25 UTC 2008

Thanks to everyone for the replies. (Not sure why they don't show up in
nabble where I posted the original message).

I now have a totally messed up system.

Here is what I did:
1) sudo apt-get install envy ---> didn't work, could not find envy
2) Downloaded envy from web page albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html
3) Ran envy from applications tab
4) Installed nvidia
5) restarted computer
6) Computer now in low graphics mode
7) Configured for my monitor NEC 1760v
8) Selected 1280x1024 resolution

Screen is now in some virtual mode where I need to scroll to see the entire
desktop.  It looks like a 1280x1024 desktop on a 640x480 screen.

9) verified that XvNCConfig says libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
10) Ran graphics config program and selected nvidea driver and my 6200
driver
11) Restarted computer a few times.

The MythTV screen is totally messed up with part of the graphics from the
right on the left and basically unusable.

Lacking other input, I would just reinstall everything right now but I am
not sure what I would do differently next time to come up with a better
outcome.

Help is appreciated.

Allen